My daughter and I took an hour long walk today, which we want to do on a regular basis now. She is taller and faster than I am.
Tonight, we were at a local old folks home for a regular ministry that our church has. The best part was when Herbie, who has a real hard time making himself understood, brought his guitar along and strummed it and sang along as we sang the hymns.
It was especially sweet tonight. It is always by request, and the choices were awesome. We sang Immortal, Invisible; The Old Rugged Cross; We Shall Behold Him; and many, many more.
It is always interesting what you run into there; after we finished and we were taking the residents back to their rooms, one of the men asked our pianist to, "push that button right there," and pointed toward his knee socks.
She couldn't figure out what he meant, but when she finally did and pushed the button, his leg came off just below the knee! She was quite surprised (needless to say : ) and tried to put it back. He would have none of it though, he wanted her to "straighten out the foot" before she put it back which was quite a challenge for her. After a time or tw0 she finally got it adjusted to his satisfaction and was able to re-attach it.
An adventure awaits everytime we go there!
2 comments:
That is a hilarious story about the leg. Not the sort of request you get every day.
I like the "edit me" links on the sidebar.
Thanks,I am still figuring this site out. For example, I got "Sally's" picture posted, but now I can't figure out how I did that. I am such a navigational ninny when it comes to this stuff, which is scary because KT wants her own site and I am going to "help" her set it up.
Post a Comment