Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Monday, September 03, 2007

The Last Sin Eater

If you haven't read any of Francine Rivers' books, you are missing out. Her writing is excellent and her stories riveting. I was looking online to see what the new releases on DVD were and was surprised to see that The Last Sin Eater has been made into a movie. We watched it this evening and I was very impressed with it. The actors were outstanding. As I watched I was trying to figure out where I had seen, Louise Fletcher, who played Miz Elda. It took till the final scenes for me to remember. She played Kai Winn on DS9. Interestingly enough, there are characters in the movie with the last name of Kai.


Stewart Finlay-McLennan plays the role of Brogan Kai, a nasty character in this story, but I first enjoyed his wonderful Scottish accent when he played Dr. Neil MacNeil in Christy. The accent is just as delightful no matter how mean his character might be. If you are into heavy accents, this movie is fairly bursting with them.


Those were the only actors I recognized from past performances, but the rest of the cast was great, including the children.

Michael Landon Jr. was the director, which explains the quality of the film. I highly recommend this one. Popcorn optional, tissues mandatory.