I didn't realize it had been that long since I had posted.
First of all, I have read Hood twice since my last post. The first time through was in my usual, can't-put-it-down, devour method. I don't worry if there is a word (or several) that I don't know the meaning of, I just read to get to the punch line.
The second time through, I took my own sweet time. I enjoyed every word and looked into the unfamiliar words. Sometimes, if I only had a little time, I would read only a paragraph or two, and that was fine, cause I already knew the punch line. I enjoyed it both times through.
In particular, I wanted to say a couple of things about the book. I think that this one should be made into a movie. The unique setting Stephen Lawhead placed this story in, which was nicely supported in his history lesson at the end of the book, makes it worth doing. Enjoyable and informative at the same time.
As I read the tale of Bran the Blessed, I could not help but think of the Princess Bride. Somehow, the tone of it made me laugh. I am curious to know if it had that sort of effect on anyone else.
On to less entertaining or delightful news. Something is wrong with me. I know a lot that it isn't, after more tests that you can measure with the human eye, but none have been able to pin this down.
I did have an ulcer, but it is gone, which is good. But there is something else wrong, and I suspish it is my gall bladder. Next week I go for another test, this one to see if it is working. If it isn't, they will refer me to a surgeon. I am trying some natural things to try to stimulate and heal it. There are some foods that really are very good for the gall bladder, as well as some herbs. I want to keep that little green organ, because it really does serve an important purpose. I am pretty miserable though. I may not have enough time to make this work. I am going to try though.
Discovery, it takes the medical community long time to figure some things out.
Matt, I hear a rumor you are still alive, and that you are working a lot of hours. I finally asked Fibonacci to let me print off the next episodes off of the forum. : )
First of all, I have read Hood twice since my last post. The first time through was in my usual, can't-put-it-down, devour method. I don't worry if there is a word (or several) that I don't know the meaning of, I just read to get to the punch line.
The second time through, I took my own sweet time. I enjoyed every word and looked into the unfamiliar words. Sometimes, if I only had a little time, I would read only a paragraph or two, and that was fine, cause I already knew the punch line. I enjoyed it both times through.
In particular, I wanted to say a couple of things about the book. I think that this one should be made into a movie. The unique setting Stephen Lawhead placed this story in, which was nicely supported in his history lesson at the end of the book, makes it worth doing. Enjoyable and informative at the same time.
As I read the tale of Bran the Blessed, I could not help but think of the Princess Bride. Somehow, the tone of it made me laugh. I am curious to know if it had that sort of effect on anyone else.
On to less entertaining or delightful news. Something is wrong with me. I know a lot that it isn't, after more tests that you can measure with the human eye, but none have been able to pin this down.
I did have an ulcer, but it is gone, which is good. But there is something else wrong, and I suspish it is my gall bladder. Next week I go for another test, this one to see if it is working. If it isn't, they will refer me to a surgeon. I am trying some natural things to try to stimulate and heal it. There are some foods that really are very good for the gall bladder, as well as some herbs. I want to keep that little green organ, because it really does serve an important purpose. I am pretty miserable though. I may not have enough time to make this work. I am going to try though.
Discovery, it takes the medical community long time to figure some things out.
Matt, I hear a rumor you are still alive, and that you are working a lot of hours. I finally asked Fibonacci to let me print off the next episodes off of the forum. : )
2 comments:
I am alive, just working 65-70 hours a week with sporadic internet access. I've begun blogging again.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Hood.
I'll be praying for your condition, hopefully it won't have the gall to stay unhealed for too long. (was that too punny? :-))
: )
Post a Comment