HELP II
Wait, I figured out the place to go and this is what I got. It looks like what you said it should be, Matt. Love these technical posts.
Wait, I figured out the place to go and this is what I got. It looks like what you said it should be, Matt. Love these technical posts.
6 comments:
Not entirely sure what they do, but my copy of Firefox has all three boxes checked (SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 & TLS 1.0) I THINK they're different kinds of verification certificates used by web-sites.
Yeah, I think that Qalmlea is right. If they're checked then I'm not sure why the toolbar won't install. I've never actually installed it for Google, instead setting Google as my homepage, ;-). There should also be a Google option in your default search box (on my window directly to the right of the navigation box where URLs are displayed).
So just to double check, the boxes were already checked when you found the spot, right? Hmm...have you tried to install the toolbar again? Do you currently have any spyware or firewall programs running?
Yeah, tech posts are fun! :-)
As far as spyware goes I would recommend , SpyBot, and ZoneAlarm's firewall program. They're all free and all work great for me.
~Matt
PS AVG is great for free anti-virus if you're in the market.
Oops, that hyperlinked comma is supposed to read Ad-Aware, the program that it leads to. Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened.
I have SpyBot, AVG and Ad-Aware, as well as Spyware Blaster. Though for some reason SpyBot keeps having what it calls "Bad checksum" and cannot download updates. I had that happen before, on my old computer I think. I may just remove and then reinstall it and see if it is better.
My computer has been a bugger lately. I am having trouble with the Dell Jukebox (It won't play my cd's...which makes it pretty much useless. I hate any thing that has only one job to do and won't do it!)
I think I am just goint to use Internet Explorer for now. I am tired of fighting.
Mozilla did end up downloading a toolbar from Google, which it calls "an advanced tool bar" but it cannot put the handy buttons up that are one click to gmail, etc. It claims it can't handle them yet, but I had them on Mozilla before and then had to system restore to an earlier date to try to fix some other problem and now it is gone.
Stupid, stupid programs.
You don't need a toolbar to have one-click links. You can just put those into Firefox. Here, I'll link to a screenshot of my firefox window, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Black_Wolff/Blogging/Firefoxfavouritelinks.jpg
Is that what you're trying to do? Most of those are folders, but if you don't have as many links as I do you can just make them normal links (like the My Yahoo! link I have).
~Matt
Grrr...that link didn't work, I'm sorry about that. Here: here.
~Matt
Post a Comment