
(A. Bee's Note: It turns out that not all DVD players are equal. It turns out that the player in the living room will not play the intro scene of the movie. Instead, it skips straight to the second scene. The player in my bedroom will play the opening scene though, leaving me feeling a bit whiney and foolish. I would eat crow here, but I would be afraid it might be a talking Narnian crow, and that simply would not do.)
So never mind the following...
I purchased this DVD of the new Disney The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe from Target. When we plugged it in last night, I was surprised to find that the opening credits, as well as the opening scene of the bombing of London, as well as the goodbye scene at the train station with the bizillion other kids leaving for the country to be safe, were not included. What is that about? I can't find anything about it, and when I took it back to Target to complain, they looked at me like I was nuts. (Neither had seen the movie, nor read the books and so did not know what I was talking about, or care, for that matter.
I kept it for now, but I want to know if anyone knows what the deal is? I have seen different covers, perhaps I got the stupid edited one instead of the one with the whole movie. (Who would expect them to cut scenes and not make that clear on the package?)
Any comments?
So never mind the following...
I purchased this DVD of the new Disney The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe from Target. When we plugged it in last night, I was surprised to find that the opening credits, as well as the opening scene of the bombing of London, as well as the goodbye scene at the train station with the bizillion other kids leaving for the country to be safe, were not included. What is that about? I can't find anything about it, and when I took it back to Target to complain, they looked at me like I was nuts. (Neither had seen the movie, nor read the books and so did not know what I was talking about, or care, for that matter.
I kept it for now, but I want to know if anyone knows what the deal is? I have seen different covers, perhaps I got the stupid edited one instead of the one with the whole movie. (Who would expect them to cut scenes and not make that clear on the package?)
Any comments?
2 comments:
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the movie? Did you try to go to the scene selection index and select the first scene there?
Sorry Matt, I didn't notice your comment before. I discovered that the DVD player in the living room will not play the opening credits and first scenes. It goes straight to the second scene, just before the McCready (spelled wrong, I shouldn't wonder) shows up. I had to push the << to get to the opening scenes. Weird. Our bedroom DVD player plays it just fine.
Post a Comment