The picture is one that came up in a puddle of beer Google image search. I thought it was a better illustration for my tale than a puddle would be. I didn't include the URL. If you want it, you can search for it yourself.My husband and I were in a grocery store today when we heard a loud crash. We turned around and a couple was standing behind us with a case of beer, in bottles, smashed on the floor at their feet. As we stood and watched, foam started to slowly spread across the floor, toward a stack of Slim Fast cases. I suggested the stack of Slim Fast be moved, but it was way too heavy to budge (which seems ironic somehow). Some store worker came up and removed the broken case and then left (I assume to get a mop). In the meantime there was a large and aromatic puddle on the floor.
I was focusing on my shopping again when my husband said, "Watch your step!" I turned around and a man was just running his shopping cart over the spill. I (trying to be helpful, of course) started saying loudly, "Beer, beer, beer!" I don't believe he heard my husband's admonishment, and mine did nothing to slow him down.
I know what you are thinking, I can't imagine why a person in a grocery store wouldn't halt when hearing a definitive cry like 'Beer, beer, beer!' This is just one more proof that I am the person you want with you in case of emergency. Who else do you know who thinks so well on her feet and can so articulately portray danger?
["Helmet...NOT helmet"] Private joke, don't ask.