
We recently watched Evelyn, a 2002 Pierce Brosnan film. I spotted it at the video store, but had not heard of it before. It was really a sweet film. Basically clean, save some standard Catholic swearing (an Irish story). It is an absolute 180 from typical Brosnan films. Highly recommend it.
Last night I had rice and raisins for supper. That Trying to send off some pictures to someone who is waiting for them, but the system keeps telling me to try again, and again, and again...last Saturday. My stomach pain has decreased some, but then a day like today comes, and for no apparent reason, it is back. It could be that it will take a while for the small intestines to heal (if I do have Celiac's).
Thanks for the advice on the gluten recipe books, Qalmlea; I ordered two from Amazon and they arrived yesterday. I am in the midst of a project and haven't had time to get into them yet, though. I also ordered,
I went to my general practitioner today, as I decided I needed a professional opinion about this. Providentially, he was in Portland last weekend for some schooling and learned a lot about Celiacs! It was all very fresh in his mind and he was tracking with me well.
He says we have to do screening. It is better to get a definitive diagnosis, especially with the life-long dietary changes involved (as Qalmlea knows very well). He did blood work today and when those results come back he says I have to load up on gluten for 2 weeks before the upper GI (love those, can't wait for another one!) So I told Kate I will eat all of my favorite foods during that time. I will be hurting, but my taste buds will be having a party. (Lust of the flesh, and all that.)
I think that, even though he doesn't want me to have it, he was kind of excited that my case came in so close to his schooling. I doubt he would admit that, but his eyes were shinin'!
Weather is calming right down here. We are having temps in the 50's and such. Very pleasant. Spring is coming.
Last night I had rice and raisins for supper. That Trying to send off some pictures to someone who is waiting for them, but the system keeps telling me to try again, and again, and again...last Saturday. My stomach pain has decreased some, but then a day like today comes, and for no apparent reason, it is back. It could be that it will take a while for the small intestines to heal (if I do have Celiac's).
Thanks for the advice on the gluten recipe books, Qalmlea; I ordered two from Amazon and they arrived yesterday. I am in the midst of a project and haven't had time to get into them yet, though. I also ordered,
I went to my general practitioner today, as I decided I needed a professional opinion about this. Providentially, he was in Portland last weekend for some schooling and learned a lot about Celiacs! It was all very fresh in his mind and he was tracking with me well.
He says we have to do screening. It is better to get a definitive diagnosis, especially with the life-long dietary changes involved (as Qalmlea knows very well). He did blood work today and when those results come back he says I have to load up on gluten for 2 weeks before the upper GI (love those, can't wait for another one!) So I told Kate I will eat all of my favorite foods during that time. I will be hurting, but my taste buds will be having a party. (Lust of the flesh, and all that.)
I think that, even though he doesn't want me to have it, he was kind of excited that my case came in so close to his schooling. I doubt he would admit that, but his eyes were shinin'!
Weather is calming right down here. We are having temps in the 50's and such. Very pleasant. Spring is coming.
1 comment:
Technically, I was never diagnosed with celiac's disease. I just tried eliminating wheat and found my symptoms went away, and found that whenever I accidentally ingested wheat, I got sick again. There's also rye and barley, but those aren't as common. I do NOT want to go through the two week challenge test to tell me something I already know. :^)
Generally, though, they do a blood test first, and confirm with a more invasive test.
If it is celiac, I recommend all of Bette Hagman's GF cookbooks (gluten-free gourmet series), and I can send you my own modifications. I don't know whether to hope it is or it isn't. At least if it IS, you'd know and be able to correct things, even if the GF diet can be a bit of a nuisance.
Post a Comment