Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Less of Me

This post was started on December 3rd. I got this far and quit. I decided to post as is:


Last Friday I decided that I really didn't need to have my gallbladder out after all. I was feeling great, my herbal methods seemed to be working fine. Of course, I didn't tell anyone else this, I was just thinking so. Then, Friday night another attack came. This lasted into Saturday and I had to go back to nothing but apple juice all day to keep myself from having to have emergency surgery instead of the planned Monday event.


I have to say that I was thanking God for that attack. I probably would have at least attempted to call the whole thing off otherwise.

Monday was fun. Hospital at 6:00 am, surged at 7:30. I had some issues with pain meds, but that's why I hate drugs, so it wasn't a surprise. Anyway, the doctor came in later in the day and said that the gallbladder duct was very tiny and was squiggly. He said there were two adhesions (scar tissue) connecting the gallbladder to some other body part, damage from attacks. Apparently no amount of proper eating, exercise and herbal remedies would have made a bit of difference. Except, I was able to calm the thing down a bit, and survive until the doctors finally figured out what was going on. Apple juice, (organic works best for me with my hypoglycemia) lecithin, a liver cleansing herbal formula, and beets are all great for the gallbladder. They were my good friends through the past month and a half when the gallbladder kicked it up a notch.


So, 6 days later, I just need an occasional aspirin or ibuprofen.

2 comments:

Matt said...

"squiggly"--I like medical terminology. :-)

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better!

~Matt

Qalmlea said...

I'll second that. Surgery's never fun, but sometimes can't be avoided.