Friday was Star Trek's fortieth anniversary. I believe I was watching it soon after it started, though I can't remember for sure. It used to come on at 4:00 every weekday afternoon and my siblings and I were faithful watchers. My mom got so sick of the woman's voice on the opening theme song. She would be making supper in the kitchen and complaining that that woman was going to drive her nuts! My little sister (we called her Sissy) always called it Star Trak. She was young, she would learn in time.

This a great shot of Spock, Kirk, Bones and Scotty from the original series, but in our home we didn't have color TV until I was in my teens, so this is how I first saw them.

I had to train the muscles in my fingers before I was able to wish anyone long life.

My favorite episode from the first series is The Trouble with Tribbles.
Some might think I am silly to still be a fan after all these years, but I love the imagination displayed in science fiction. I always enjoy seeing what they will come up with next, especially when it comes to aliens. My all time favorite alien (though I enjoyed most of them) is Species 8472. It reminds me of a praying mantis.
Some might think I am silly to still be a fan after all these years, but I love the imagination displayed in science fiction. I always enjoy seeing what they will come up with next, especially when it comes to aliens. My all time favorite alien (though I enjoyed most of them) is Species 8472. It reminds me of a praying mantis.
I believe that it is the artist in me that keeps me coming back. I am always impressed when they can make something completely imaginary look real. It is also to their credit that they have been able to keep it fresh after so many episodes.
Extra note: I was planning to use many more pictures in this blog, but for some unknown reason, it stopped downloading pictures. I goes through the motions, it says done, but there are no pictures in the window. I don't know where it is putting them!
Extra note: I was planning to use many more pictures in this blog, but for some unknown reason, it stopped downloading pictures. I goes through the motions, it says done, but there are no pictures in the window. I don't know where it is putting them!
*sighs and shakes head
1 comment:
The 'puter has done that to me before, too. Maybe the pics are transported to some spaceship or something Trekky like that.
Post a Comment