Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Great Websites --- Great King

If your needing a nice diversion, these are some great sites that I have collected.

Illusions

Jackson Pollock

Water

Ball






















I have just finished another Henty book, At Agincourt - A Tale of the White Hoods of Paris. It is set mostly in France, starting about three years before, and including when Henry the V invaded. The details of the battles at Harfleur and Agincourt vary some from those given in Shakespeare's play, though there are many that are in agreement. In the Henty book, he does not have Henry marry Katherine after Agincourt, and in fact, by the end of the story he has not done so. It was a fun story and I especially enjoyed it since I am familiar with and enjoy the Shakespeare play. I also own the movie in which Kenneth Branagh plays the king, and I pictured him as Henry the V as I read Henty's story. Makes me feel like a stinkin' groupie.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I've seen Branaugh in Hamlet which I enjoyed (desptie the additions and change of time) because of his faithfulness to the text.

I must confess that I've not read Shakespeare apart from Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet--though I recently finished Orson Scott Card's Magic Street which was heavily inspired by A Midsummer Night's Dream.