Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A quandary

In 1 Corinthians 1:18 it says, "...The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

















I have been overwhelmed by the truths of God's word of late. It is amazing to me that Christ left the beauty of Heaven with all of its glories, and came to earth to spend time with, and die for, the likes of me.

I was recently listening to a sermon of John MacArthur's on the glory of God. In it, he said that it is not the golden streets, or other beauties of Heaven that he is looking forward to most, but rather the absence of sin. He said that he is just so tired of sin. And by that he doesn't mean other people's sin, he is referring to his own sin, which he struggles with all the time.

As do I. I totally related to that statement. I hate my sins. I hate the constant battle. I thank God that He sent Jesus here to die for them. If He had not, I wouldn't have a prayer. If it depended on me, to work my way to heaven, I would spend eternity elsewhere. Not because I wouldn't want to have a great eternity in heaven, but because I would never be able to keep myself pure enough to merit being in the presence of a holy, holy, holy God.

Thank you, Abba, for giving me life. Thank you for imputing Christ's holiness on me. Thank you for continually working in my heart and conforming me to Your Holy Image. Come quickly, Lord Jesus...