This has been a great school year. Except for a few fun days where we practice our mad skills, the work is done. We had a guest come in last week, a young man from our local junior college who is deaf . This gave the (shy) students an opportunity to ask questions (though the teachers did the most of that). It was nice to have him.
We are going to watch a video about a woman who is deaf and what life was like for her when she was growing up. I saw it first and decided it would be good for the students to get another perspective on what being deaf can mean. It will also help them to appreciate how adaptable God created people to be. This woman plays the piano beautifully!
I know when we watched The Miracle Worker they could not imagine how Helen would ever learn what words were. It was interesting to see how far into it they got.
One of my favorite things about this year has been to watch the students improve their skills. We ended up with a good group who worked hard and kept up with the course. My vocabulary and skills have come a long way as well. The reality of that will be realized if I get to see my family who are deaf this summer.
I am including some pictures from when we went colleging to Oregon...
We are going to watch a video about a woman who is deaf and what life was like for her when she was growing up. I saw it first and decided it would be good for the students to get another perspective on what being deaf can mean. It will also help them to appreciate how adaptable God created people to be. This woman plays the piano beautifully!
I know when we watched The Miracle Worker they could not imagine how Helen would ever learn what words were. It was interesting to see how far into it they got.
One of my favorite things about this year has been to watch the students improve their skills. We ended up with a good group who worked hard and kept up with the course. My vocabulary and skills have come a long way as well. The reality of that will be realized if I get to see my family who are deaf this summer.
I am including some pictures from when we went colleging to Oregon...






4 comments:
Where'd you see that vegetation on the beach?
Of course YOU didn't see it, YOU were one of those little sticks on the shore! We were up on the boardwalk and north from where the
entrance of the beach was, in front of the Seaside Aquarium.
I think I like the picture of the ferns the best.
I love the way the unfurl. I agree.
Post a Comment