I am reading The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers. It's well written and hard to put down. She is a master at weaving the Gospel into an excellent story. She is one of my favorite authors. I also love Shakespeare, but I can only read a play or two and then I have to put it away for awhile. It is so much work. I read A Winter's Tale on our family reunion trip. It was great. My son read it in college a few years ago and had told me that he enjoyed it. I had to read a few lines to my husband as he drove. I find Shakespeare to be so witty. The more I read of his works, the more I enjoy him. I have realized that I am not the first to feel this way...thus the longevity. : ) I have a book of his complete works which belonged to my sister who passed away several years ago. She taught Shakespeare in high school for years and the margins are full of her notes. It is sweet to be reading pages she spent so much time with.

These are some clouds which God was kind enough to paint over our reunion skies. He does such beautiful work! He is my favorite artist. Can't you just imagine Jesus coming out of the cave in the middle there? I
often look at clouds wondering which spots are likely candidates for His appearing. Walking on clouds is a lot like walking on water isn't it? Variation on a theme. I so look forward to His return.
My nephew turned 19 years old today! He was the first baby I witnessed coming into this world. What a glorious thing that was! He was a beautiful baby and he has grown into a good man. God's mirac
les abound.This is a slug I saw one early morning at the reunion. I have never seen a slug this size before.
It was about four inches long. A guy from Seattle said there are plenty that size in his yard, Yuck! One is a curiosity, plenty is gross. Eewww, I like to go barefoot in my yard!
I really think the textures on him are amazing.
His name is Sluggo.
2 comments:
So, "It well written," huh? Interesting. (: Heehee, I'm just messing with you.
I know my mom really enjoys books by Francine Rivers--she and my sisters really liked The Last Sin Eater. I've not read that much Shakespeare unfortunately, :(, but what I've seen I did like--especially Hamlet--first read in high school, then I performed in it in college.
Thanks for the pictures, that slug is cool!
Post a Comment