Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

For my children: I understand

3 comments:

Becky said...

[This conversation is replicated as closely as I can remember, with a few order adjustments for the flow of the story.]

G-ma said, What are these pretzels for?

I said, I found them in the basket on top of the fridge. You bought them and then forgot about them. The husband doesn't eat pretzels, so you should keep them where you will remember them (I can't eat them because of the gluten). I asked him if he wanted those in his lunch instead of chips and I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't...it was a pouty kind of kid sort of look, yet he was conflicted concerning what he should answer. I told him that he didn't have to have them. He said that he was thinking he should say yes, but he really doesn't like them.

She said, These would be good dipped in, you know, that dip they dip them in. (I don't know what dip they dip them in.) Maybe he would like them that way.

I said, Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...perhaps tuna with celery chopped up in it.

That little cartoon is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too true!

kate said...

Haha, the video did make me think of G-ma more than you.
But then, they weren't discussing men.

Qalmlea said...

Hmmm... having a food allergy actually makes food discussions easier. "No, I can't eat that. It's poisonous."

Incidentally, you've been tagged.