Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Scott Free

I almost became an addict. I was drinking way too much and it had gotten to the place I felt I had to have some to start my day. That is when I put my foot down and told my body to knock it off! I am going back to Starbucks while traveling, and that's it. Apparently, I had not been drinking it long enough to be truly addicted, as I had no withdrawal symptoms.

I am also finding that I have to eat a very simple diet or my digestive system freaks out. Even though I still am careful to keep from gluten.

A friend asked me if I ever cheat and eat gluten. I told her the pain is too great. I can't say I am not tempted, like when Kate brought home my favorite pizza, but pain is a great deterrent.

1 comment:

Becky said...

This didn't last. I just finished a cup of joe.