Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

http://andyslife.org/games/sand.php (AKA Christmas in July)

So I was playing in the sand yesterday while I was talking with Fibonacci on the phone and I promised to post before and after pictures of my Christmas tree picture. I colored the tree with nitro (because it is green) and the ornaments with plant, water and sand, (bright green, blue and yellow, respectively). I also colored the star with sand. I used wax (creamy color) to draw the thing and put a water spout over the top (did that before I started the tree, but I liked the raining effect) which made it impossible for the fire to light the candles. However, I just had to touch the green part with fire and, well...the second picture shows the results. Obviously I didn't screen capture quickly enough to catch the show, just the aftermath. The explosive effects of the nitro always spills into the bottom part, but running the cursor into that area refreshes it.

The scribbly torch trail on the right side of the picture is just cleaning up an oil spill.
You might be thinking that I am some sort of secret pyro or something, but really, I just think this guy did a great job making these substances interact realistically. Also, it is almost the fourth and those were pretty sweet fireworks! This is a fun place to play.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I get pretty tired of the space issues when pictures are included. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it makes no sense at all.

Becky said...

Lousy picture quality. Not sure why; the screen capture was clean.

Matt said...

Okay, that game is dangerous, I just spent twenty minutes messing around with it--I just meant to look at it for a minute, ;-).

Becky said...

True. You dare not go to that site when you need to be somewhere in an hour.