What a sweeping summer that was! It is shocking how swiftly it has passed.
I am not having the greatest time right now. We delivered Kate to college and I am definitely grieving from this huge change. I am thrilled with the school she is attending, I just miss her terribly. That's what I get for raising a great kid. And of course Fibonacci is back to grad school, so I am feeling a bit left behind.
Bright side: lots to keep me busy, new adventures ahead and all that. I hope to get into some serious artwork soon. That will help, I know. I had set my art aside to teach my children, but I am fresh out of them (children) so I can pick up where I left off (or somewhere in the neighborhood.)
Though I cannot say I am completely well, my health is building and I am much better. I have continued to see the natural doctor, and I have added some of the supplements from here. Their main product, has made a huge difference for me.
The spring and summer were packed. Senior trip, open house, VBS, prep for school, moving my mom in with us, visits from friends, computer rescue, and making my first conventional quilt for Kate's graduation. I made one for Fib when he was young, but it was one where you assemble the layers of each square separately and then sew all of them together. With this one I sewed the top and then sandwiched it,bound it and tied it. It was a huge challenge, but it turned out well. I will be doing that again.
When we were on our way home after getting Kate moved, we stopped at a rest area in Oregon. There were two buildings with facilities, but the first one we came to was closed and a sign said we should use the next one. I noticed as I was headed toward the building that there were some really cuddly, fluffy squirrels running around and they were pretty tame.

After I washed my hands I didn't see my honey outside, so I decided to go back to where the lovely, well- groomed back lawn was and try to get some lame photos with my cell phone. (My camera was on my bed when we got home. Sigh.) I did manage to get some poor picts,

and then saw my honey and followed him to the car where I suggested he come back with me to check out the squirrels. He agreed and we decided to cut back behind the closed building. As we pursued the squirrels I was making silly noises that they completely ignored and I would go up to the dense bushes and try to entice them into the open. The sounds were completely ineffective, but I did run across something that was worth capturing...

And then I snapped another shot of it's neighbor sign (maybe 3 feet from the first one)
Considering people there were lying on the ground holding out food for the squirrels so their loved ones could take pictures of them and also considering the little kids that were chasing after the squirrels, it seems like it would have been prudent to have these types of signs behind the rest area building that is in use, rather than behind the one 200 feet away where no one would see it. I'm just saying. . .
Paradise lost.
I am not having the greatest time right now. We delivered Kate to college and I am definitely grieving from this huge change. I am thrilled with the school she is attending, I just miss her terribly. That's what I get for raising a great kid. And of course Fibonacci is back to grad school, so I am feeling a bit left behind.
Bright side: lots to keep me busy, new adventures ahead and all that. I hope to get into some serious artwork soon. That will help, I know. I had set my art aside to teach my children, but I am fresh out of them (children) so I can pick up where I left off (or somewhere in the neighborhood.)
Though I cannot say I am completely well, my health is building and I am much better. I have continued to see the natural doctor, and I have added some of the supplements from here. Their main product, has made a huge difference for me.
The spring and summer were packed. Senior trip, open house, VBS, prep for school, moving my mom in with us, visits from friends, computer rescue, and making my first conventional quilt for Kate's graduation. I made one for Fib when he was young, but it was one where you assemble the layers of each square separately and then sew all of them together. With this one I sewed the top and then sandwiched it,bound it and tied it. It was a huge challenge, but it turned out well. I will be doing that again.
When we were on our way home after getting Kate moved, we stopped at a rest area in Oregon. There were two buildings with facilities, but the first one we came to was closed and a sign said we should use the next one. I noticed as I was headed toward the building that there were some really cuddly, fluffy squirrels running around and they were pretty tame.
and then saw my honey and followed him to the car where I suggested he come back with me to check out the squirrels. He agreed and we decided to cut back behind the closed building. As we pursued the squirrels I was making silly noises that they completely ignored and I would go up to the dense bushes and try to entice them into the open. The sounds were completely ineffective, but I did run across something that was worth capturing...
And then I snapped another shot of it's neighbor sign (maybe 3 feet from the first one)
Paradise lost.
2 comments:
I suspect that the squirrels would give warning about any rattlesnakes around. Poison oak, though, is another problem. ^/^ Good to see you back online!
Yes, I had thought that the snakes might want the squirrels more than the little kids. The signs were shocking enough.
Perhaps I will get to post more with the nest empty.
Post a Comment