Isaiah 40:8

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our Lord stands forever.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Adjusting Car Mirrors

You should go here. Kate was actually taught this method in her driver's training course. The pictures make it very clear. It is good information to have.


It's been a quiet couple of days as Kate is still at camp (home tomorrow) and my honey is off in WA seeing his brother and Fibonacci. I miss both of them, and will be happy when they return, but I am also enjoying having some time to myself. It is a rare thing for me - I don't know when the last time was that I had more than a few hours to myself - and I have tried to make the most of it.

I have really been making changes in my life. At the beginning of the summer I decided that I would make a huge effort to lose weight. It has become a journey.

First, I am doing some serious exercise: I trade off between Pilates on a Total Gym, Tai-bo, and 1, 2, or 3 mile walks with videos from Leslie Sansone. I am very impressed with how quickly my body is getting stronger...even at 48!

Secondly, I have changed my diet. I am consuming much healthier food, including fresh fruit and vegetable juices. I am working hard to get rid of my ulcer, which is healing well, and clean out my body of toxins I have been storing away for years. I am learning new things, and re-learning some stuff I had forgotten.

I have lost 15 pounds so far, but it will take a lot more than that before I am content. The blessing is how much better those missing pounds feel when good exercise is in the mix rather than just losing with the latest fad diet.

I listened to the Sean Hanity and Oliver North Freedom Concert on the radio today. I have caught bits of it other years, but this time I was working around the house and able to hear almost all three hours. It is good to hear so many people speaking out in support of our country, the war effort, the troops, and the truth. For the record, and I know that there are those who don't agree with me, I appreciate Ann Coulter very much. She teaches me a lot and I love her humor. I have been told she is too mean, but I thinks she is bold and fearless. It is good to have a woman of her worth speaking out for what is right.

5 comments:

kate said...

I really don't like that system. I can't see what I am comfortable seeing. lol, I suppose that's a problem in more than this particular area. :P

Qalmlea said...

Hmmm... The page isn't loading at the moment, but if it's the one that says "move the mirror until you can't see the side of your own car," I don't like it. Fine, you don't want that to fill the whole view, but I find it a very useful reference point. (If that's not the method, then ignore this comment :^)

Becky said...

It is the same. I used it when I first read about it, then changed back to the more conventional way again. But, after seeing it this time, I am trying it again. The photos on the page were pretty convincing. It takes some getting used to for sure, you have to retrain yourself to use the rearview mirror when you want to see what is behind you, and use the right-side mirror for passing and such. I set my mirrors this way on a trip to Boise recently and found myself leaning to the left to see what I was used to seeing in the right mirror. : )
I have always been uncomfortable about the blind spots, so I will make this work.

Becky said...

P.S. I changed the first link to go straight to the webpage in question. I had the wrong link there. You should try it again Qalmlea.

kate said...

This isn't how my driver's ed instructor taught me, actually.