Fibonacci left for his new job this morning. Kate and I saw him off at the airport. It was insane out there. The wind was bitter and hard, and when we headed back to the car, we were absolutely drenched from the driving rain. Kate had to take off her coat when she got into the car, as there were a number of small creeks flowing off of it onto her seat. Brrr....
Moving is tough, even if you aren't the one changing. It is amazing how much a person can collect in just a couple of years. We went to Pocatello to help Fibonacci pack up and mail off several boxes, and we have about a truckload of stuff to go back for yet. Then, after he determine what he needs in his new home, we have to pack and mail what is still here, and then somehow absorb the rest into this place. Seems we are bursting at the seams as it is, but it is time for some serious cutting and pasting anyway.
(Maybe some deleting to, but only if no one else can use it.)
I am excited for this opportunity for Fibonacci, but it is hard to have him move so far away. I can't say that I would rather he didn't take this internship, though, it seems like it will be a very positive experience. The
area he is moving to is supposed to be beautiful. He will no doubt fall in love with it.
One nice thing that happened this weekend is that Kate and I had the opportunity to meet Qalmlea. Unfortunately it was at a time when we were racing the clock to get boxes mailed and didn't get to visit, but it is nice to put a face to her user name : )
I realized when I went to post this today that I still have a dream post saved as a draft. One day I will finish that...
2 comments:
Thanks for the update--glad to see Fib got off okay. Hmm...a rainy day, sounds wonderful! I'd love to have one of those (but not on a day I'm working outside now, ;-)).
I suspect the amount of stuff accumulated is an exponential function of the number of years lived there... Though I periodically go through and purge a bunch of stuff.
Post a Comment