This is a response to a series of comments made by Qalmlea, Matt and myself, as well as a blog that Qalmleah posted on September 10th.
I first want to thank both Qalmlea and Matt for directing me to the AiG site. It was interesting to see their perspective and I realize that I need to broaden my horizons as well as my discernment as I look at Creation theories.
I did pursue the links on your blog Qalmlea, and I also checked out what AiG's response is to the Karroo population theory, and I was content with their answer.
Instead of getting into a debate over man's current speculations concerning origins, I will address the specific statements made concerning my alleged insecurity in what I believe.
That statement comes from the perspective that science and creation have nothing to do with one another. That religion is religion and science is true. However, I don't agree with that perspective at all. Genesis 1:1 tells us that "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
According to the original language, God created ex nihilo which means out of nothing. He spoke creation into existence, and actually created the raw materials with which to form what is here. He wrote the source code that makes this Universe tick. The only discrepancies, which have been allegedly found in nature by evolutionists, to the reality of creation, the flood, the age of the earth, etc., are either fallacious interpretation of the evidence, or outright lies. Man is the one who is confused, not God. God is no liar, no matter what any self-professed wise man says. No matter how big his site on the internet may be, or how many books he sells.
God is the inventor of mathematics, (someone once said that mathematics is the language that God used to create the universe) and all scientific law.
Colossians 1:16-17 says, "For by Him (Jesus Christ) all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities---all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."
Whether people (who owe everything to Him) believe He exists or not, without Him, they would cease to exist.
My faith in God does not stand or fall on scientific proofs. That would be ridiculous. Man's understanding of creation changes all the time. We are constantly learning new things today, which force us to unlearn what we believed yesterday. (Although publishers often fail or refuse to change the information in the textbooks that are used to teach children science. And, according to AiG concerning Carl Baugh and others, this is apparently the case on both sides of the aisle. )
The reason that this is true is because we are finite, fallible human beings and our brains are tainted by sin.
As Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; Who can understand it?" Ecclesiastes 9:3 "...The hearts of the sons of men are full of evil, and insanity is in their hearts throughout their lives..."
Isaiah 29:14b "And the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the discernment of their discerning men shall be concealed."
And again in 1 Corinthians 1:19 "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside."
Romans 1:22-23 says, "Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of
corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures."
Only God can be trusted tell us what is true. Only God cannot lie. God does not change. His word tells us that, "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?"
In John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me."
Titus 1:1-2 says, "Paul, a bond-servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness, in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ago..."
James 1:17 says, "Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow."
My faith rests with my Father of lights. I will not be shaken by the latest ideas that blow in on the wind. Those ideas will be drifting away soon enough, as some new front moves in. I stand on what God says in His word. When that word is confirmed in creation, I am pleased, but my faith does not depend on man's interpretation of evidences there.
No comments:
Post a Comment