I need to say that I was wrong on a point in my last post. Apparently authorities knew exactly what to expect as to the magnitude of the effects of a hurricane that size on New Orleans. They also were warned far enough in advance for all to be safely evacuated. Bureaucracy was a huge factor for the problems there, as well as stubbornness on the part of many who would not leave. Many, many factors come into play. It was, and is, so tragic. It is heartening to see people doing so much to help those who were directly affected by this storm.
The sign class is really coming along nicely. It has worked well having lots to do in each class, keeps us busy and the students are really working hard to learn the signs. My teaching partner is awesome and it is great having two brains in charge. We fill in each other's gaps : )
I will be substitute teaching two art classes for two weeks, or so, for a friend whose husband is home on leave from Iraq. It will be 4 or 5 class days total. I am having fun planning what I will teach and pulling the materials together.
We are expecting my brother-in-law to visit for a few days soon. I love it when we have company.
Kate and I went to lunch with a friend and two of her daughters yesterday. It was a sweet time. Her youngest is a year and a half old. She is adorable. Don't you just love babies? She is going through a I will have it my way stage.
Come to think of it, we are all going through that stage, aren't we?

Hmm.
Perspective time...
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things came into being by Him,
and apart from Him nothing
came into being
that has come into being.
In Him was the life
and the life was the light of man.
John 1:1-4
No comments:
Post a Comment