We did miss you on Thanksgiving, and as I promised, I have preserved the meal for you. I am sure you had nice food where you are, but nothing says home like Birdman's deviled eggs and Pooh's famous pumpkin pie. Jan also made her wonderful muffins, but the picture would not download, I tried about a bizillion times without success.
So, pretend that that picture is here - - - - - - - - - -

Mmmmmm......

Healthy veggies ....
(Does anybody actually eat green olives? )

Those cranberries were fresh from a can!

Bro'er in Raw smoked the bird on the grill! Very good! (Missing: G-ma's stuffing; I couldn't get it to smile. )

Beth's potatoes were awesome!

New recipe: Praline yams

Love 'em or leave 'em green bean casserole.

Game time treats. (Balderdash, of course.)

Another new recipe: Pecan bars. (They look a lot like the yams, but they were not the yams. Both had pecans on top, but yams and bars are not the same. G-ma was looking at the bars and said, "These yams look good, but I can't really see the yams." I loved it.

And who can stand to miss Pooh's famous, slave-over-the-hot-cash-register-at-Costco Pumpkin Pie!

This was a new recipe for Pooh, strawberry cheesecake, also from Costco. It was weird. You missed nothing here. But it looked nice.

And last, but not least...
...the casualties.

Hope you all survived the day's indulgences better than these two dumpers!
Love youse guys...
6 comments:
I eat green olives.
I don't, ;-).
Great pictures! Looks like you did a good job of accomplishing your mission--how long did everyone stay vanquished? :-)
They recovered in time for the pie. : ) We also watched Christmas with the Cranks that evening. It is a pretty funny flick.
Hmm...pie is always worth arising from the ashes of defeat! Or just arising. I've not seen that movie yet, but the previews looked good. I'll have to check it out.
The dessert was disgusting. Who eats cheesecake or pumpkin pie?
I need to make you a pumpkin pie. I have always had trouble making it right. My mom used to make them from scratch when I was growing up and they were wonderful. If someone has a tried and true recipe, please pass it on to me. I have tried mom's recipe and it doesn't work. I think I am pumpkin pie challenged.
Post a Comment